Microorganisms which are capable of causing diseases in plants.
Plant pathogens are not considered as dangerous goods.
A triple packaging comparable to the packaging required for human and animal pathogens (Biological substances, Category B) is recommended.
- leak-proof (for liquids, powders) primary receptacle(s)
- leak-proof (for liquids, powders) secondary packaging
- for liquids: absorbent material between primary receptacle and secondary packaging to fully absorb liquid in case of leak or breakage
- when multiple fragile primary receptacles are placed in a single secondary packaging, they are either individually wrapped or separated to prevent contact between them
- outer packaging
- Name and address of consigner and consignee
- If solid carbon dioxide is used: ‘Carbon dioxide, solid’, as coolant
Additionally air transport:
- Phone number of responsible person recommended
- If solid carbon dioxide is used: ‘Carbon dioxide, solid’ as coolant, UN 1845, net quantity, class 9 hazard label
- Delivery note with itemized list of contents recommended
- Required permits