Microorganisms which are capable of causing diseases in plants.
Plant pathogens are not considered as dangerous goods.
A triple packaging comparable to the packaging required for human and animal pathogens (Biological substances, Category B) is recommended.
- Name and address of consigner and consignee
- If solid carbon dioxide is used: ‘Carbon dioxide, solid’, as coolant
Additionally air transport:
- Phone number of responsible person recommended
- If solid carbon dioxide is used: ‘Carbon dioxide, solid’ as coolant, UN 1845, net quantity, class 9 hazard label
- Delivery note with itemized list of contents recommended
- Required permits
To the top
Last edition: 19.09.2019
Swiss Expert Committee for Biosafety (SECB)
Tel.: +41 (0)58 463 03 55
Tel.: +41 (0)58 463 23 12
Executive Office SECB
c/o Federal Office for the Environment